Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

25.11.2014, 22:40

Movit bremsen in Schweiz mit TUV

Hallo,
-- Sorry I do not speak German --
what should I do to install Movit brakes on my car legally in Switzerland?They have a TUV certificate. Will I pass the STVA check with it or do I need a DTC certificate? How can I get it?
Can you please help?Danke!

27.11.2014, 21:42

Danke for the answer.

Tomorrow I will call them and ask more information.

Do you think they can release a DTC on top of the TUV?
I can afford to pay 500 - 1000 CHF for a test, but I saw on other forums that they can ask 12.000 CHF, which is CRAZY...

Also, what are the consequences of driving a car without homologation:
Is the police going to stop my car and block it or the only issue is with the insurance?

Thank you a lot for your help. I am getting crazy to understand how to do that: I don't want to violate Swiss laws, however I find it so frustrating that I cannot mount something on my car that is absolutely safe and legal in ALL Europe.. :(
Actually the reason for which I want to do that, is to SAFELY do track days on German tracks, where as you know standard brakes usually are not good enough. I don't pretend for sure to go faster on Swiss streets, where I always respect the limits.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mlx« (27.11.2014, 21:48)

AstraG

Meister

Beruf: Student Maschinenbau

• Nachricht senden

30.11.2014, 10:43

Hey Mlx

I had the same problems with a k-sport brake system. Based on a TUV homologation you can do the right papers for Switzerland and it's no that expensive if you have nothing. Movit, Brembo and other famous companies have such papers. Calculate about 700.- for the homologation in Switzerland. Depending on your car they need the whole car for tests or only the calipers and disks.

FAKT is like DTC but cheaper. I suggest to call FAKT and explain which kind of brake system you have. After that, contact Movit for the right papers and do the test.

Driving without the homologation in Switzerland is not a good idea, to much troubles with the police, fees and insurance if you have an accident.

Cheers,
AstraG
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

Original von Shanis
Oder din Kompressor erzügt es Hochdruckgebiet und laht schnell mal all Wolke verschwinde.... 8)

Es hat sich bereits 1 registrierter Benutzer bedankt.

Benutzer, die sich für diesen Beitrag bedankt haben:

mlx (02.12.2014)

02.12.2014, 22:25

I had the same problems with a k-sport brake system. Based on a TUV homologation you can do the right papers for Switzerland and it's no that expensive if you have nothing. Movit, Brembo and other famous companies have such papers. Calculate about 700.- for the homologation in Switzerland. Depending on your car they need the whole car for tests or only the calipers and disks.

FAKT is like DTC but cheaper. I suggest to call FAKT and explain which kind of brake system you have. After that, contact Movit for the right papers and do the test.
Hi AstraG,

Thank you a lot for the information. This is encouraging! Actually, the first call I had with DTC they were talking about 12.000 CHF for the entire tests OR 5.000 CHF if part of the test are available OR "only" 2.000 CHF if everything is available: these are very high prices. 700 CHF would be a reasonable price that I can pay immediately!! But 5000 CHF or 12000 is really too much: it is more expensive than the actual brake cost ~ 4500 CHF.

Now I sent to DTC the TUV document I got from Movit and I hope they come back to me with a reasonable offer ~ 1000 CHF. I am not a car seller, so I hope they can do reasonable prices for privates.
In case this is not possible I will try with FAKT. There should be a way to mount these brakes on my car: it is nothing BAD or DANGEROUS, it is actually an IMPROVEMENT, so why should be so hard. :(

I will let you know how this will end...